The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To support the Institute’s drive to detect and treat tuberculosis in the country, IHVN is sourcing for a suitably qualified dynamic candidate to fill the positions of Senior Program Officer Clinicals.
LOCATION: Lagos and Oyo states
OPENING DATE: 22nd April 2020
CLOSING DATE: 3rd June 2020
DEPARTMENT: Prevention Care and Treatment
Reports to: Director of Technical Programs
The Senior Program Officer Clinical will collaborate closely with the state TB program team and will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of all USAID TB-LON activities in the State. S/He is expected to lead the TB-LON state team and coordinate all partner activities within the state. S/he would perform the following:
- Support facility and community assessments for the strategic expansion of TB services.
- Support the State TB program and the sub-awardee to create awareness and demand for TB services.
- Lead and participate in capacity building activities for public and private (formal and informal) TB service providers.
- Support the State TB program to accelerate case finding initiatives, coordinate prompt enrollment, treatment initiation and monitoring of all diagnosed Drug Susceptible and Drug Resistant TB patients in the State.
- Organize & conduct regular health facility and community supervision for delivery of high-quality TB services to beneficiaries, as outlined in the National guidelines,
- Coordinate timely data collection, collation and reporting and support state TB program in routine data review, analysis, presentation and utilization.
- Support and facilitate Public Private Mix supervision and TB-HIV collaboration within the State.
- Regularly track the timely implementation of State work plan and budget.
- Periodically prepare reprogramming plans to ensure the alignment of new strategies to the project objectives.
- Deploy appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track progress in program implementation and utilization of resources and guide staff and Sub-awardees as appropriate.
- Assist the Project Headquarters in coordinating the project to meet Key Performance indicators (KPI) and for LON impact in line with defined strategies.
- Ensure the submission of quality project programmatic, Monitoring &Evaluation, financial and Procurement Supply Chain Management reports within the set timelines.
- Develop technical briefs, reports, presentations, and provide strategic information to IHVN management, the Ministry of Health, relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies, USAID and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure staff and sub-grantees comply with all institutional, administrative and operational policies, procedures and donor regulations as applicable.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned by the Director of Technical Programs and Chief of Party.
- M.B;B.S. or the relevant Medical degree.
- Master’s degree or its equivalent or higher degree in public health, health program planning and management, or other relevant field preferred.
- At least five years of professional experience in TB and other public health program implementation, developing and managing partnerships, including brokering public-private partnerships.
- Proven experience in leadership, capacity building, planning and management.
- Demonstrable experience in successful implementation of USAID or other donor-funded programs designed to strengthen the health sector at national and/or sub-national government levels.
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Nigeria, particularly in Lagos or other South West States.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Strong networking and representational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English as well as presentation skills, with proven experience in analyzing data and developing PowerPoint presentations and other reports.
- Competent in operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines with high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: email@example.com
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.